Description du poste
YVR connects people, places and goods by providing a safe and efficient experience for everyone. The Customer Experience team plays a critical role in delivering exceptional airport services, while supporting critical areas of airport operations. We believe that the people who pass through YVR are our guests, not customers or passengers, because we know that YVR is a place of welcome and connection. The goal of our customer experience team is simple: to give the best possible service to every person we meet.
Are you passionate about service and enjoy helping others? Do you know how to solve problems proactively and do you enjoy working with people? Do you think we can improve the traveller experience at YVR by going above and beyond their expectations? Do you enjoy a dynamic work environment where no two days are the same? Want to play a leading role in ensuring smooth and efficient traveller processing at YVR?
As the Customer Experience Area Manager, you will lead by example in delivering an exceptional customer experience at YVR's key operational sites. You will take initiative and look for ways to improve the traveler experience, while applying operational area plans, reviewing data in real-time to anticipate operational needs.
These positions are all made up of daily shifts from 6 hours to 10.75 hours, with the possibility of working additional shifts. The start time of the shift is based on operational requirements and includes evenings and weekends. The ideal person for the position is flexible and available for their assigned work schedules; The incumbent will be required to spend a lot of time standing or walking.
Key responsibilities required include:
- Proactively support and assist travelers to deliver a remarkable experience
- Lead and dispatch zone teams to support key operational areas, processes, and customer experience
- Implement area plans to anticipate traveler needs, meet demand, and mitigate risk
- Provide operational support to all areas of the terminal building as required
- Liaise and collaborate with customer experience supervisors, airport operations, airlines, tenants, and agency partners to anticipate operational demands and deliver a seamless travel experience
- Mentor and support customer experience representatives working in operational areas
Key skills required include:
- Exceptional customer service and problem-solving skills, and a minimum of one year of post-secondary education or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Ability to lead a team
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflicts in emergency situations and high-stress environments, while addressing client concerns in a positive and empathetic manner
- Strong communication skills and ability to use data to make key decisions
- Good knowledge of airport operations processes and key stakeholders
- Strong technology skills, including use of Microsoft suite of applications (Teams, Outlook, SharePoint)
- Proficiency in another language, preferably French, is an important asset
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. The previous professional performance of all internal candidates applying for this position will be taken into consideration.
YVR is more than just an airport. We are building a bridge between our beautiful province and the rest of the world. We are all leaders and pioneers of change and innovation. The work you do matters, no matter what department or team you're in.
At YVR, everything is done with flexibility. We will work together to find ways to deliver excellence to the customer while remaining fulfilled. We strive to better serve our communities by striving to provide them with an environment that reflects their diversity.
No matter what background you have or where you're from, you belong at YVR. We want to make sure you find your place with us and we're here to help you reach your full potential. If you have any questions about accessibility or need assistance applying, please contact us at [email protected].
Join the adventure and continue to transform our airport to better serve our communities.