Description du poste
YVR connects people, places and goods by providing a safe and efficient experience for everyone. The Customer Experience team plays a critical role in delivering exceptional airport services, while supporting critical areas of airport operations. We believe that the people who pass through YVR are our guests, not customers or passengers, because we know that YVR is a place of welcome and connection. The goal of our customer experience team is simple: to give the best possible service to every person we meet.
Are you passionate about service and enjoy helping others? Do you know how to solve problems proactively and do you enjoy working with people? Do you think we can improve the traveller experience at YVR by going above and beyond their expectations? Do you enjoy a dynamic work environment where no two days are the same?
We offer permanent, full-time Customer Experience Representative positions to provide a world-class welcome to YVR through exceptional customer service. Successful applicants will be required to orient travellers, assist persons with disabilities, assist visitors with connections and arrivals at YVR, manage lineups, and respond to lost and found inquiries.
These positions are all made up of daily shifts from 6 hours to 10.75 hours, with the possibility of working additional shifts. The start time of the shift is based on operational requirements and includes evenings and weekends. The ideal candidate will be flexible and available for the work schedule assigned to him/her.
Key responsibilities required include:
- Proactively serve customers and find ways to support them to ensure they have a great travel experience at YVR
- Support all aspects of passenger itinerary at YVR, including arrival, departure and transfer processes; Advise and direct customers to the appropriate airport processes upon arrival or connecting flight
- Providing support and assistance to people with disabilities
- Assist the Airport Operations team in orienting clients and facilitating efficient flow as directed by supervisors, terminal safety and security officials, and airport operations managers
Key skills required include:
- Two to five years of recent relevant experience in customer service and a high school diploma, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Outstanding customer service and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of airport operations or passenger screening processes, or experience in a dynamic and busy operating environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience in responding to client concerns in a positive and compassionate manner
- Strong technology skills, including use of Microsoft suite of applications (Teams, Outlook, SharePoint)
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Fluency in another language, preferably French, is an important asset
- Candidates will be able to work shifts and weekends, and be able to spend long periods of time standing and walking
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. The previous professional performance of all internal candidates applying for this position will be taken into consideration.
YVR is more than just an airport. We are building a bridge between our beautiful province and the rest of the world. We are all leaders and pioneers of change and innovation. The work you do matters, no matter what department or team you're in.
At YVR, everything is done with flexibility. We will work together to find ways to deliver excellence to the customer while remaining fulfilled. We strive to better serve our communities by striving to provide them with an environment that reflects their diversity.
No matter what background you have or where you're from, you belong at YVR. We want to make sure you find your place with us and we're here to help you reach your full potential. If you have any questions about accessibility or need assistance with your application, please contact us at [email protected].
Join the adventure and continue to transform our airport to better serve our communities.